Luxury Garage Sale (“LGS”) is looking for a results-oriented accounting assistant to join our Finance team. The Accounting Assistant will be responsible for month-end routines to ensure financial integrity with regards to our records. The Accounting Assistant will work directly with our Director of Finance as well as our COO and Store Managers.
The LGS Accounting Assistant is a self-starter who is eager to have a massive impact on our high growth team. He/She is extremely detail-oriented, committed to accuracy, generating ideas on how to improve financial processes, and willing to help out wherever needed. This person is excited about the opportunity to be a part of a high-growth team and work with a collaborative team at a quickly growing company.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare financial statements for review - including Balance Sheets, P&L Statements, Cash Flow Statements, and Payroll Reports
- Enter recordkeeping transactions and prepare journal entries for month end
- Create reconciliations for all financial accounts including bank accounts
- Prepare monthly sales tax reporting
- Assist in payroll preparation
- Prepare weekly client checks
- General supplies and fixed asset ordering
- Reconcile sales receipts from each store location to ensure accurate reporting
- On-going Human Resources projects with regards to on-boarding new employees
- Management of inventory records to ensure proper accounting
- Maintenance of fixed asset accounts
Who LGS is Looking For:
- A confident candidate who’s highly interested in fashion and looking to get exposure to the ins and outs of a growing company
- A goal-orientated individual who loves to tidy up and keep things organized.
- A go-getter with an eager personality who is willing to learn and grow with our team
- A hard worker who is able to jump in on a variety of tasks that vary day-to-day
- A detail-oriented individual who is focused and can help all processes run smoothly
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Proficient in QuickBooks Online
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Accounting and/or bookkeeping experience
- Willingness to learn new skills and help identify areas of opportunity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Do-it now attitude towards organization and workday
- Proactively meet both internal and external customer needs
- Effective work methods and consistently meets commitments
- Full time position
- Casual dress and relaxed working environment
- Other fashion perks!