Luxury Garage Sale (“LGS”), Chicago's premier designer consignment service, provides first class selling services to its high-end consignor clientele. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for the fashion industry, luxury brands and the start-up culture to join our LGS Team! You will work towards the achievement of providing white glove services to our high-end clientele across our multiple online and offline selling platforms.
The role of the Controller/Accounting Manager ensures that processes are in place to effectively track cash and cash burn on a daily basis by reconciling sales from our various channels, tracking expenses, and forecasting outstanding items.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage Cash – Reconcile daily sales through our various channels, track expenses
- Accounting – Supervises, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the day-to-day accounting activities of the organization
- Audit – Leads, prepares, manages, and coordinates annual audit with outside auditors and departments
- Monthly Internal Reporting – Prepare financial statements and analysis as needed for department, management, and committees
- Budgeting – Lead the annual budget process, manage the monthly budget review process with department leads, track and report variances to senior management
- Controls – Develop and implement accounting controls, policies, and procedures to ensure that the assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenditures of the organization are properly stated and accounted for in the GL; Document controls to aid in annual audit testing
- Taxes – Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting required for local, state, federal tax, and regulatory compliance with regards to payroll, sales and use taxes
- Team Management – Lead interviewing and hiring additional team members as needed; instruct and train all employees on correct methods and procedures in conformity to generally accepted accounting principles; monitor and inspect work in progress to ensure continuity and timely completion of work; supervise, review and evaluate employee performance; coach personnel on career development initiatives
Who LGS is Looking For:
- A go-getter with an eager personality who is willing to learn and grow with our team and can work independently with minimal supervision
- A goal-oriented individual who is able to jump in on a variety of tasks that vary day-to-day
- A detail-oriented individual who is focused and can help all processes run smoothly
- Exceptional written and oral communication and promotes an open-door environment
- You love building things from the ground up
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with minimum 5years of experience with progressive responsibilities
- Experience managing a team
- CPA required
- Background in public accounting preferred
- Strong computer skills, including ERP systems and Excel
- Internal control design, documentations, and implementation required.
- Willingness to learn new skills and help identify areas of opportunity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Do-it now attitude towards organization and workday
- Proactively meet both internal and external customer needs
- Effective work methods and consistently meets commitments
- Full time position
- Casual dress and relaxed working environment
- Other fashion perks!
To apply for the position, please submit a cover-letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Interested in Financial Controller Position ."