Luxury Garage Sale (“LGS”), Chicago's premier designer consignment service, provides first class selling services to its high-end consignor clientele. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for the fashion industry, luxury brands and the start-up culture to join our LGS Team! You will work towards the achievement of providing white glove services to our high-end clientele across our multiple online and offline selling platforms.
As the initial point of contact for all HR related topics, the role of the Talent Manager ensures the strong, results driven, exciting culture LGS has cultivated is maintained with our current employees and future team members are complimentary.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Role Definition – Work with hiring managers to define new roles, roles and responsibilities
- Recruiting – Posting, monitoring, screening, and actively recruiting people to join the LGS team
- On-Boarding – Lead the orientation process for our newest employees, check-in with them routinely to ensure they feel supported
- On-Going Counseling – Provide day to day advice and counsel on HR related matters to our team at all levels, foster open communication and feedback between employees and managers, maintain an open-door policy so employees feel they have a sounding board when needed
- Performance Management – Research and enhance the current process to evaluate the performance of our team members, work with management team on implementation of employee routines such as annual performance evaluations, routine 1-on-1s, coaching and development
- Learning & Development – Evaluate options when necessary while working with managers
- Retention – Evaluate and suggest options to minimize turnover; Perform exit interviews to identify trends and themes and report the results on a monthly basis to the Executive Team
- Benchmarking – Stay up-to-date with changes in the HR industry, understand benefit offerings from competitors and manage the benefits evaluation and enrollment process, evaluate on-going offerings at LGS
- Champion – Ensure the LGS core values are at the heart of everything we implement from an HR perspective and reference them while assessing options
Who LGS is Looking For:
- A go-getter with an eager personality who is willing to learn and grow with our team and can work independently with minimal supervision
- A goal-oriented individual who is able to jump in on a variety of tasks that vary day-to-day
- A detail-oriented individual who is focused and can help all processes run smoothly
- Exceptional written and oral communication and promotes an open-door environment
- You love building things from the ground up
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis on human resources or related majors
- 1-4 years of experience in a recruiting or high volume HR role
- Understanding of federal and state HR related regulations and compliance procedures
- Proficient in Word/Excel, Google docs
- Willingness to learn new skills and help identify areas of opportunity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Do-it now attitude towards organization and workday
- Proactively meet both internal and external customer needs
- Effective work methods and consistently meets commitments
- Full time position
- Casual dress and relaxed working environment
- Other fashion perks!