E-commerce Business Development & Account Manager
Luxury Garage Sale (“LGS”), a premier designer consignment business, providing first class selling and consigning services to its high-end clientele. We need brains and passion to grow the business and to make it happen in style. This is an opportunity to work with a small, collaborative team at a fast-growing company!
Are you a go-getter? Love the rush of making a connection or signing a deal? Well listen to this. We are hiring an E-commerce Business Development Manager to join our team! The primary responsibility of this role is to increase sales through new and existing e-commerce channel partners.
You will be charged with managing and growing LGS’ online partner channels. The Business Development Manager will work closely with the marketing, merchandising, engineering and operations teams to exceed revenue and profit goals within the channel. The successful candidate will have a firm grasp and understanding of eCommerce centric site merchandising activities and optimization tactics. Additionally, candidate must have a working knowledge of eBay.com and Amazon.com, as they are the largest channel partners in the eCommerce sales channel.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively source, negotiate and secure new e-commerce retail partnerships; understand our business model and be able to evaluate partnership ROI during deal negotiations
- Negotiate all trade-related terms and contracts
- Develop business case for any relevant investment needed for new accounts and secure alignment
- Track sales/performance, secure relevant data and generate learnings/insights pertaining to accounts
- Develop & execute sustaining annual business plans for strategic retailers
- Account management of eCommerce partner
- Constant site maintenance, management and change tactics to impact conversion rates
- Constant focus on reviews and relevancy on eCommerce Channel sites
- Full online ownership of how our product is presented, marketed and perceived
- Manage the day-to-day operations including product content, inventory availability, pricing and promotional activities in order to optimize conversion and revenue
- Develop integrated demand generation campaigns to drive sales and increase awareness for products
- Create and execute content as needed, with support of merchandising and marketing team, for partner websites
- Ensure all sales and marketing initiatives drive top line revenue, optimize return-on-investment and achieve other key performance indicators
- Develop and manage six-month promotional calendar by account
- Develop and manage online financial, operating and reporting analytics to track and predict performance
- Learn and remain proficient on LGS luxury brands and product lines
- Conduct self in professional and courteous manner
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years of successful business development with deep retail and eCommerce exposure
- 2+ years working with Amazon.com and/or eBay highly desired
- 3+ years’ experience with a consumer goods supplier selling through eCommerce preferably in the apparel and accessory luxury space
- Is a self-starter and needs little direction; you don’t wait for it to happen you make it happen!
- Strong knowledge of Internet technology and Internet marketing principles
- Experience using website content management systems, analytics solutions, and customer resource management systems (Salesforce.com, in particular).
- History of strong external relationships with partners and vendors
- Excellent written, verbal, negotiation and presentation skills (able to create and deliver presentations to senior management).
- Proactive, well organized self-starter with strong project management skills
- Channel and Shopper Insight (strong understanding of retailer buying, merchandising and marketing strategies; able to translate insights into relevant action plans to grow the business)
- Relationship building & negotiations (able to handle tough negotiations with retailers while building a strong connections and partnership with them)
- Independent/self-learner, able to figure things out/navigate organization on their own, not afraid to fail
- Strong focus on results (ability to identify and consistently track key metrics, identify key opportunities and issues and develop/execute plans to address)
- Digital and Mobile savvy
- Computer savvy, proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive pay, and product discounts.
- Insurance coverage, vacation and sick pay, and flexible work environment.
- Collaborative atmosphere with like-minded individuals who love fashion, and like each other!
- FAST pace and continuous change!
Location: Chicago, IL