Sales & Business Development Manager - Minneapolis
Luxury Garage Sale (“LGS”), a premier designer consignment service, provides first class selling services to its high-end consignor clientele. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for the fashion industry, luxury brands and the start-up culture to join our LGS Team in Minneapolis! You will work towards the achievement of providing white glove services to our high-end clientele across our multiple online and offline selling platforms.
The Minneapolis Sales & Business Development Manager will hire, train, and manage a sales team as well as be accountable to personal monthly sales goals. The manager will create strategic partnerships in Minneapolis and work with our local sales team to develop and execute pop up events. Partnerships and events will primarily focus on customer acquisition, customer retention and driving revenues. The ideal candidate will have sales management and business development experience.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Achieve and exceed productivity and sales plan expectations for retail storefront.
- Recruit, train, motivate and retain quality sales associates. Have bench strength for potential open positions.
- Manage the achievement of business objectives by utilizing a top client strategy to retain and develop high potential clients.
- Maintain a high level of visual merchandising and housekeeping standards in all stores.
- Drive new business using innovative customer acquisition strategies including hosting a minimum of 2 events monthly. Events will be a combination of store events and monthly events delegated to individual sales team members.
- Grow the LGS brand using grass roots business development initiatives. Identify innovative marketing ideas by researching industry and related events.
- Proactively source B2C partners and create strategic partnerships to drive revenue. Screen potential partnerships by analyzing market strategies, partnership requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending initiatives.
- Meet and exceed individual sales goals selling $30K+ monthly via in-house appointments & events.
- Stay connected in the market by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- College degree or equivalent sales experience or successful retail management experience preferred.
- 7-10 years of retail experience. 4+ years experience in Sales Management; 1+ years experience in Business Development role.
- Demonstrated ability to lead retail teams and display strong influencing skills.
- Must possess passion for customer service.
- Demonstrates professionalism, good judgment and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to communicate, present, and persuade.
- Possesses problem solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrates organizational and planning skills, practice time management, meet deadlines and displays a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates initiative and take action when appropriate.
- Possesses good business acumen and ability to make decisions based on analytics available.
- Closing Skills
- Prospecting Skills
- Sales Planning
- Selling to Customer Needs
- Market Knowledge
- High Energy Level
- Meeting Sales Goals/Results Oriented
- Problem Solving
- Creating processes
- Full time position
- Health Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Casual dress and relaxed working environment
- Other fashion perks!
To apply for the position, please submit a cover-letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Sales & Business Development Manager - (Minneapolis)”